2015年5月29日金曜日


In the last RW class, we searched sources for method of presentation and academic writing with a whole class. We found many multi-media resources, and shared with google document.
I'm interested in the academic book, How to Write a Thesis, written by Umberto Eco. I've not yet read this book, but I'll definitely read this book, because the author, Umberto Eco is one of the most celebrated Italian writer, such as the novel, The Name of the Rose. I read the novel, and I really appropriate his profound knowledge and education, and writing skill.
So I'd like to read his How to Write a Thesis in vacation, and learn writing methods.



I felt the crowd sourcing, like we did in the class using the computers, was really efficient and can be used in many tasks.
But I also think that analogue research like doing research at a library has certain merit of not intended meeting. 
Though you can get so much information from the Internet search, the result is limited in related topics.
If you go to a library to find sources, you will pass and take side glances at many shelfs and books which seem not be related to your topic. And sometimes, new ideas or connected topic must be developed through those unrelated fields.
So I think each searching method can be, and should be utilized for different field.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿