2014年6月23日月曜日

One more essay...

Though all classes done, I still have been busy because I have to write an essay for the music class and prepare for some tests.

I chose the Cantigas de Santa Maria as a theme of the music essay.
Cantiga means a monophonic song, written in Galcian Portuguese in middle age. And the Cantigas de Santa Maria is a collection of though cantigas, each includes the content that praises the Virgin Mary. It is one of the largest collections of non sacred songs from the medieval period, and it contains remarkable artworks and poetry too.

Why I chose this to the theme is that I listened one of cantigas in the class and became interested in it.
The music class I took in this term dealt with the western music history from ancient to Baroque period. Before I took this class, I have had little interest in music of that period, but I could understand its value and diversity through learning the history.
I'm glad to have such opportunity, and I will take the music class that deals with the history of after Baroque period in the next term, so I'm looking forward to it, too.

The essay is so burdensome, but I think what I learned in the ARW class is helping me a lot.
The deadline of it is tomorrow, so I have to make one more effort.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿