2014年5月7日水曜日

What is Netiquette?

`Netiquette' is a blend of `net' and `etiquette', and this word means the courtesy that we should have when we use the Internet, especially when we use social network, blog, chat, or the Internet discussion board.
I think this word was born as spread of the Internet. Nowadays, almost everyone has own computers or tablet devices, and cannot live without them. But as spread of them, new issue have occurred.

Today, everyone can make remarks easily through the Internet, but I think this shortens the distance between writers and readers, or speakers and listeners.
We can write or say whatever want through the Internet, although the target person/people is on the very distant positions from us, and hard to tell what you want directly.
I think this ease of uttering opinions causes the lack of courtesy and thinking deeply before posting comments or remarks.
We have to be careful that if own remarks will not offend others, because what you write or said can be seen or heard many and unspecified people.

Of course I must care about it when writing blogs.
I have to be careful that whether my remarks will not offend others, and will not be hard to read or understand.

1 件のコメント:

  1. I agree with you, Yuri!
    There are so many people in the world who use the Internet, and anyone can read our blogs.
    I think we must be more careful about using the Internet.

    返信削除