2014年5月30日金曜日

SUMMER READING

Have you chosen a book for summer reading?
As one of the assignments of ELA(English for Liberal Arts), we have to choose one book from fifty recommendations for summer vacation reading and have presentation and report in the fall term.

I have chosen Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier.
Actually, I did know the author from before because I watched the Ted presentation she gave, a few years ago.
The title of the talk is Finding the story inside the painting. In the presentation, she gave the idea of seeing paintings with making their stories.
Her stories were amazing, and I am impressed by her great imagination.
I watched the talk many times, so I remembered the author's name.

I am now really looking forward to reading it.
But I won't borrow the book from the library as Dan mentioned in the class because I will annotate it, and I want keep it at hand after summer.
Anyway, I am happy that I could find the perfect  one for the assignment.

In Girl with a Pearl Earring, author Tracy Chevalier takes readers into the studio and household of realist master Johannes Vermeer.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿